Saturday, July 3, 2010

Drowning......


I think I spoke a little too soon, how sad is this picture? For people that don't live in Oklahoma I should explain how precious grass is here. When you live on a hill and get the amount of rain that we get and very quickly I might add, grass keeps your yard where it should be and not at the bottom of the hill! And believe it or not we are not done with it all, it is going to rain for the next few days!!
Last night about 9:30 we starting seeing fireworks out our back windows, now the only thing behind us is a lovely farm, so I guess they were putting on their own show. WOW! for about an hour they had a beautiful firework show! Its a very good thing because tonight it is so cloudy I don't know if we could see anything if we drove into town.
This morning I was up at 6 sewing on a special quilt, its in honor of my great Auntie Millicent! In the next week or so I will share some stories about Aunt Millie, her friends, especially Miss Tate, her quilting adventures and her garden. I bet she doesn't have drowning grass....

No comments: