Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Sunday..


For a long time now Sundays have been a favorite day for me. My husband and I get up early to go to the first service at our church, then do our grocery shopping and other errands in town then head out to the country. We put the groceries away and then just hang out together. Now if our kids could come and hang out with us I guess life would be about perfect. But maybe one day that will happen. Anyway my best friend clear back from high school called yesterday, she lives around the Seattle area and I guess we talked for about 2 hours or so. We don't talk very often or get to visit but when we do its just like we talked yesterday. Do you all have a friend like that? Now I have been married for 39 years this month and my life has been excellent concerning my husband and children. Now believe me we had a very rough phase when we moved to Oklahoma but we have recovered very nicely and now we are back to our happy selves. But Leslie, now that girl has had some pretty rough times. I remember when her mom had cancer and Leslie came home to take care of her. Her mom had smoked for years and the cancer was in her gums and mouth area, it wasn't good at all. But Leslie took loving care of her to the end. She raised a son pretty much by herself and he has turned out to be a fine young man. She used to tease about being a grandma to a calf, well I guess she is a grandma now to about 600 cows! But she is a grandma to a sweet little girl in California too. She can only go so long until she makes her husband drive her down to see the little one. She overcame some bad marriages and now has a wonderful caring husband. So all in all I think we are two very lucky women!
Well I have been working on a very special quilt. I have loved the block that is featured in it for a long time, I just couldn't make it sew together perfect. It would be a good candidate for paper piecing but I wanted to make it easy and just use templates. Maybe by tomorrow I will have enough to show you. The lace and button quilt is still being worked on. I have been practicing my quilting again and have found some incredible websites showing machine quilting. You all have probably seen them but I am always a little late on seeing what's going on in the world. I guess that is what happens when you work full time and build your own house. But I'm catching up now and loving every moment of it!

No comments: