Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What a Difference A Day Makes....


This morning I went west to a town called Moore. There is a charming shop there. They have wool supplies, painting supplies and lots of nice fabrics. Country Collections by Hart. I went to get the fabric for the border for my autumn quilt and guess what they had? Yes you are right - old buttons. I picked these out of the dish and hopefully they will be perfect for my project. Next I went over to Hobby Lobby and I was very good. I looked at the pumpkins but did not buy any, not even one. They have very nice ones this year too (I have a weakness for pumpkins if you didn't know) but I did buy some lace to add to my collection. I have to tea dye it now to get the old look. I worked on the blocks last night and pretty much got the base for the quilt figured out. Now all I need to do is figure out how to make a shabby old rose - but that's the best part..... Stay cool!

No comments: