Thursday, October 28, 2010

Autumn Sunshine.....

Once again the sun was streaming into our living room this morning and it turns the whole room to a glorious gold (helps to have the room painted in those tones). This has been the nicest autumn I think since we have moved to OK. The weather here can be pretty scary at times. I wonder if this will be our last autumn here. We have plans to move but with this economy who knows when this house will sell. In a few days I am going to scout the land in Boise and I am finally getting a little excited about it. I am not likely the fact I am going by myself, staying in a hotel alone can be a little scary. I will probably take a piece of cross-stitch along and stitch all night!
Do you all have big plans for Thanksgiving? Both of our kids are coming this year and I am very excited. We havent' spent a Thanksgiving with them since we moved here. We always have Christmas with them but this year I wanted to be with them on Thanksgiving (thats why we are moving west so I can see them more - you know I tried to buck up but I'm pretty wimpy...)
Bad news on the scrappy quilt. I love those houses a lot so I am going to unscrap it just a bit and collect some fabrics in black, gold, cream, cranberry colors and make it a - hmmmm I wonder what you would call it - planned scrap quilt, orangized scrap quilt, better fabrics scrap quilt, not sure. I wondered just how far I would get before I knew I needed better fabrics...............
Photobucket

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

We get this every now and then but mostly in the evening after a rain shower ,Florida does have alot of beautiful sunsets though and the one with the pink sky looks just like a sunrise at my Mom's in north Fl .