Friday, December 10, 2010

10th Day of December.....

I worked on my baking skills yesterday afternoon. I tried making some Nutmeg Jumbo's. First batch turned out ok second batch a little to done. Today I will try a different variety see if I can improve my baking skills. My mom is the very best cookie maker in the world. She would start weeks before Christmas and made all kinds of cookies. My husband told me the other day at the grocery store he has never seen anyone that loves cookies as much as I do. I guess when you come home from school everyday and there are cookies waiting for you, you just learn to love them.
At Christmastime Mom had this little cookie press and we would all take turns using it. She made a cookie called Spritz (I think that is how you spell it). Pure BUTTER. We would have to put the cookie sheets in the frig to cool them down and then one would press out perfect little flower cookies and back in the oven the tray would go. We spent hours making perfect little cookies and then out into the cold garage they would go in a special cabinet and in the freezer and oh how I hate to admit this - I was really really really good at sneaking out to the garage and helping myself to those cookies, I was even pretty good at rearranging them so no one could tell I had been there..........
Photobucket

No comments: