Friday, April 29, 2011

Lots of Things Today.....




I,like a lot of Americans have been glued to the news about the weather in the South. Last year while living in Oklahoma we had a lot of damaging weather within a mile of our new home there. Just one of the reasons why we are living in Idaho today. When we lived in California I had a neighbor/good friend that just started her own quilting business. She had to move to Alabama because her husband's job sent them there. While our daughter was here last week she sent a message on Facebook to Darlene's son that I was trying to get a hold of her. Wouldn't you know right before the weather hit I got an email from her! I had to wait a whole day to see if she made it through and she DID! I feel so bad for the people that lost everything they own. Darlene said that the hospitals are full. My husband wants to go and help, we aren't sure how to go about that right now. But we are praying for everyone there. I also heard that Texas has had a lot of bad weather too. I knew about the fires there but didn't realize that they were having weather problems. The president has sent help to Alabama but denied Texas any help, so many people are hurting today.


We got snow early this morning but now the blue skies have returned and it is suppose to be a lovely weekend. Next week we go and pick out some things for our new home. We talked to the building supervisor and he said it takes only 58 days to build it once the permit is issued, which could be sometime next week. So in a few short weeks I will start making new drapes and curtains. I am thinking I might need a new quilt on our bed. Hmmm that might be an excellent idea, of course I might need just a few pieces of new fabric. I bet I could find a few good shops between here and Oregon and maybe a little bit north to Washington.................


Elizabeth Ann

1 comment:

matate10 said...

Good news about the new house. So far we have been lucky about the weather, but there have been so many people who have been harmed already this year. stay safe, my friend.

Mary Ann