Thursday, July 21, 2011

Melting Snowmen......



These little guys almost almost almost melted away. I finished the last little stitch around 6am this morning and got my iron and portable ironing board out (a heavy duty towel) and started pressing away - good grief the blue thread started to run! I quickly put it in a bowl of cold water and left it there for a few hours - then I noticed the snowmen turned brown from the dye in the linen. I think this linen was dyed with coffee - my little heart turned to mush so I gave it one more try and put it in a bowl with warm water and laundry soap and left it for an hour. Well the linen is much lighter but the little guys are nice and white again.

I think they might be a little big for an ornament but when I can get to my sewing machine I will decide if they will be one big ornament or one cute little pillow.

I am so happy I don't have to stitch them over again, cannot let certain people get ahead of me......

Elizabeth Ann





3 comments:

sunny said...

Very cute! I could use a burst of cool right now.

Patty C. said...

They are looking very cute !!!! I'm glad they didn't melt away ;)

Campbell Kids said...

Whew! Glad you saved them! I always hate when I've worked so hard on a project and something like that happens. Delightful project and would be a wonderful pillow.

Blessings,
Dianne

www.mysouthernheart.com
www.campbellkidsfarm.com