Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday morning.....

 
 
First, I want to Thank everyone
that has purchased my book or one
of my patterns!
Every few months I receive a check
from Leisure Arts for the wool book & I
am amazed that it all happen to begin with.
 
 
I started out as a cross-stitch designer,
every once in awhile you will see
a piece in the background of one of my pictures.
 
 
I think they make a
great background!
Then when we moved to Oklahoma
I tried designing quilts.
But it seemed I was always trying
to add way too many items in
the quilt.  Of course I did that in the
cross-stitch pieces too.....
 
 
See just couldn't put a few scrappy
houses on the quilt, had to add
a nice big flower.
Then quite by accident I discovered
wool embroidery.
Beautiful wools and threads
&
I could draw to my hearts content!
 
 
This is one of my first pieces,
couldn't just have hearts, had to have
some little beaded flowers.
It remains one of my best sellers today...
5" of sweet pink hearts & flowers.
 
So thank you!
 
I still am amazed when I draw
a little something, put it on
a beautiful piece of wool and add
some beautiful thread, what the finish
project turns out to be.
 
Before
 
 
Here are some of the pieces for
my new little book.
Its not really a book but
a pretty envelope filled with
woolly goodness!
 
And after....





 
Dancin" By The Light of the Moon
 
Thank you!
Elizabeth Ann






6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I made one of your pin cushion patterns every day and it always brings a smile to my face.

Judy said...

What a lovely backround. Ofcourse, I love your first wool design also! I agree the wool and thread is simply beautiful. Thanks for your creativity!

Judy heartland stitcher

Me and My Stitches said...

Love all of the little details you add! Congrats on that book!

Carol said...

You've definitely found your niche with these adorable pillows, Liz! And just think of all that instant gratification you get from finishing something quickly :) That little heart pillow is so sweet--I can see why it's a bestseller...

Lori said...

You are so talented! It's great you have found the perfect medium for your designs!

Tatkis said...

It was so interesting and inspiring to read your story!
Love your wool creations ;)

Hugs,
Tatyana