Sunday, December 8, 2013

1st Day of Christmas Joy......

 
Friday evening I walked
through the house and caught
the sun shinning on the Christmas tree, it
was so pretty.....

 
And then the snow came, it snowed
all day yesterday
&
this morning its -5 outside.

 
When I unpack my Christmas treasures all sorts
of wonderful memories show up.
My cookie book is very
precious to me. 
I buy new cookie magazines every once
in awhile but all the favorites are
in this book.
 
SPRITZ
Heat your oven to 400 and mix the following:
1 cup butter, 2/3 cup sugar, 3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla and 2.5 cups flour.
Press dough through a cookie press onto
an ungreased cookie sheet and bake
7 to 10 minutes.   6 dozen yummy cookies.
 
My mom baked for days and would hide everything
in the cold garage or freezer.
Nothing like coming home from school
and stealing a cookie or two....
Elizabeth Ann
 

4 comments:

sunny said...

Your tree is very pretty! When you make your cookies, please feel free to send some to me. Enjoy the holidays!

Anonymous said...

I also got to enjoy your Mothers wonderful cookies after school! Leslie

Carol said...

Your tree looks so pretty, Liz! We just got ours up tonight, but it is only half decorated! Hopefully, I'll get it finished up this week...Time's running out!!

Love your well-used cookbook...I made my mother-in-law's spritz cookies for Thanksgiving and the boys are all expecting more for Christmas!

Lori said...

I hope your deep freeze has thawed by now.
I love old family cookbooks! The spritzes sound yummy!!