Monday, December 9, 2013

2nd Day of Christmas Joy.....

 
I remember a neighbor
asking my husband if I
collected anything.
No, I was too busy with a
three year old and a
brand new baby.
But then he started collecting
Christmas stockings,
this was number one, bought
at a Hallmark store
many many many years ago....

 
And then I thought I should
make one for everyone in the family.....

 
I got one done for the
husband & daughter and
then they got put away.  I
think part of the problem is I
don't know how to finish them very
well, you can see on my
daughter's where I took it apart....
They are designs from Mary Beale,
So pretty....

 
And then I ran across the
charts for the Shepherd's Bush
Christmas stockings - a little
easier and shouldn't be a problem.
I enjoy looking at the charts every once
in awhile.....

 
For some reason I finished
this stocking, even though its
very big, but it was
so much fun to stitch.
It called for backstitch which
I left off, I don't think Santa would
notice when he is filling it up......

 
Don't you think a lot of very
nice cross stitch goodies would
fit in it???
 
Christmas cookies for tonight....
SNICKERDOODLES
1 cup butter, 1.5 cups sugar
2 eggs , mix well
Mix together 2.75 cups flour, 2 tsp cream of tarter,
1 tsp soda, 1/4 tsp salt
Mix dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
Form into balls and roll in a mixture
of 2 TBSP sugar & 2 TSP Cinnamon
Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
6 dozen cookies
If I were to rate cookies this would be #3,
shortbread and cookies from Trader Joes would
have to come in first.....
Elizabeth Ann

3 comments:

sunny said...

I always wanted to cross stitch one of those nice stockings, but I never did it. Yours are beautiful!

Judy said...

Hi Liz, I am falling behind on blog reading...am enjoying your holiday decorating with all of your woolly and stitched ornaments. I love them. The stockings are beautiful. I don't bake much--no one else in the family seems to want to help ME eat them!

Judy Heartland stitcher

Carol said...

Beautiful stockings, Liz. I've never made one and probably won't, but I agree, that big one would be perfect filled with cross stitch goodies :)