Thursday, June 24, 2010


Good afternoon!

I had planned to sew all day, back was sore from carrying water to all the trees yesterday, but I got one of those wonderful phone calls this morning to go with a friend to the city. She has the most amazing sewing machine that does the quilting, embroidery and I am sure cooks dinner at the last moment. It needed a new part and the best part there is a quilt shop next door. I have been looking for just the right fabric for a project and after looking for awhile had given up when out the corner of my eye I saw one print that might just work, well now I have 8 prints that I think will work very nicely. Debbie the owner of Savage Quilts in OKC is having a quilt challenge. You have to buy a package of fabric and design a quilt by September. It would be so much fun to try (the prize is awesome)you can go to her website and get all the details. Well I don't have a machine that would tackle dinner so I better go get started....
This little quilt is a small sampler that I recently finished. It is hanging at Patchwork Place in Norman, OK. The blocks are 4". The quilting was done by Mary Ann Tate from Midwest City.

No comments: