Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sweet Outcome.....

This morning after my walk (it was over 80 degrees at 6:15) I came in and started sewing. I sewed and sewed and sewed. My husband had to go to a review at 11:30 something about an engine falling 30' and just missing him. Finally I couldn't stand it anymore and called him - the review wasn't until 1:30 so I came back and sewed and sewed (if I had more fabric I could have gotten a lot done this morning). At 1:40 he calls. I figured they cancelled the review if he is calling already - no wrong again it was over and someone mentioned to him a new job might be coming with a pay raise. Really he is just counting the days until he can retire but we still need a barn and a couple of cows, so a raise will come in handy. Hmmm and I do so like that new Janome sewing machine.
Last night I went into the bin of fabric that will never see daylight again. I needed just a touch of pink for a project. At the very bottom of the bin I found this fabric. When we first moved to Oklahoma we took a drive to Enid and Hennessey. Found a wonderful quilt shop in Hennessey. I found this lovely fabric and bought several coordinating pieces. It was so pretty I could never get myself to cut into it. WELL it is perfect for the border for this quilt!! I cut it so the ribbons will be in the center of the border. I can hardly wait for you to see it altogether. But once again I have to go to the fabric store to get fabric for the connecting squares - oh dear..... have you seen the new fabric lines coming this month - so pretty......




No comments: