Thursday, September 2, 2010

Binding....

I use to hate to do binding until I discovered silk thread. There is no knotting, fraying only quick little stitches. It is amazing to me how a 1/4" piece of fabric on the edge of a big quilt can change the whole picture!
I have a funny story to share with you. Yesterday I had to go to town to get the binding for two quilts, you notice the word HAD..... When I got done at the quilt store I drove a different way to a grocery store where they have a meat market (I don't eat meat, the husband does). And guess what I found? A sewing machine store with the word Janome on the front window. Now I have been drooling over a picture of the new machine in a quilt magazine for a few months now. Pulled the truck right on over and went in to check this baby out in person. My gosh I think I have been living in the dark ages - it is an amazing thing of beauty! But for now I will keep staring at the picture....
Anyway about the story - we have these bugs in Oklahoma that make this loud noise, they are green and they are ugly. A couple of weeks ago, one was on the back patio and my husband tried to shoo it away and it made the loudest noise - yuk. So as I was saying, I started driving home, it had just finished raining and I had the windows down and one of those BUGS flu right in my truck and sat down on the passenger seat - right in the middle of the seat! It rode all the way home with me. When we finally got back out to the country, I stopped at the mailbox and I opened the passenger door and it hopped right out, thank goodness it didn't thank me with one of those loud noises I would have passed out for sure. I guess it just needed a ride back to the country......

Photobucket

No comments: