Friday, September 10, 2010

Fun Research..

I read most of the day about Martha Washington. Do you know that she wore purple shoes to her wedding? They were beautiful. She also left home and went to the battlefield to be with George and before she died she burned all but two of their love letters. I would love to go back east and see their home in person someday.
My plan is to have 12 new patterns starting in January. Each pattern will be designed around a First Lady. There will be a small wall hanging, a quilt block and a beautiful little treasure of some sort. At the end of the year all the quilt blocks will be put together for a large beautiful quilt.
When I first came up with the idea I was working on designs for quilts but now I am truly looking forward to learning more about our First Ladies!
Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

No comments: