Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday.....

Our Pastor was telling a story yesterday about his family when he was a little boy. They would take a quilt, go sit on the front lawn and watch the sunset. He asked, "Do any of you slow down long enough to enjoy the sunsets?" I wanted to raise my hand and tell him, "I do" well the sunrises anyway.
I emailed all the kind ladies that sent comments about my Lone Star quilt and to the ladies that didn't have an email - Thank-you! I had a couple of comments about that quilt being my 3rd quilt. My first quilt was a sampler quilt so I guess I learned all the basics with that one. Also I am not afraid to tackle a project if I have a good picture. That's probably why I enjoy designing so much. I can draw a quilt out and I just jump right in and try to make it. One thing I have discovered this week making a scrap quilt is an art - I am bound and determine to make this quilt. When I get done I probably will have enough blocks for a few quilts. I changed the pattern so it will be easy to piece, which now it is, but putting a lot of colors together is a true art which now I have to learn...........
Photobucket

No comments: