Sunday, December 19, 2010

19th Day of December......


First of all, I have to confess I did not get any cookies made yesterday but I made up for it today I bought some lovely dark chocolate Hershey Kisses. I may try again tomorrow but I am not promising to keep my promise that I promised to bake cookies.....
Do you just love all the Santa movies that are on TV? Last night we watched Fred Claus - well I saw the last part of it. I stitched until I couldn't see another stitch and then I made some popcorn and went in the den to join the husband. The year our son decided there wasn't any old Santa my dear husband came up with a wonderful plan. Our son was the type of kid that ran full speed and going to sleep took forever. Christmas Eve was always my favorite night of the holidays. After the kids went to bed, Jerry and I would sit and watch a little TV until we knew they were sound to sleep and then we would start putting all the toys together and putting the presents under the tree. One year Jerry made a beautiful little dolly cradle and I made a quilt, sheets, and pillow to go in it. I stitched on that quilt until midnight and still didn't get it all done in time - anyway the year Rob decided there wasn't any old Santa, we waited until they were half alsleep, I still would like to know how I knew if they were half alsleep or konked out??? The dear husband went outside up on the roof and shook a bunch of bells. SO funny! those kids came flying out of their rooms yelling Santa's here Santa's here Santa's here!! Now I'm sorry I am just not a very good liar, can't keep a straight face and that night it was impossible. Those poor little kids decided that Santa was indeed quite alive and he was invited to our little home for a long time after that Christmas..........
Photobucket

No comments: