Monday, October 20, 2014

64 Days Until A Woolly Christmas....

 Santa's Tree - One
In approximately 60 days,
a Christmas Tree
just for Santa
will be revealed on this blog!
These are the first two 
little ornaments for his tree!
I used some very pretty threads,
from
The Gentle Art - Simply Wool Thread
&
from The Threadgatherer her wool & silk thread
Sheep's Silk.
The heavier embroidery was done with
the beautiful Sheep's Silk.
I made these ornaments a little
bit fancier just because they are
for Santa!
I used my two favorite books
to find just the right embroidery stitches.
       Mary Thoma's Dictionary of 
Embroidery Stitches
&
Judith Montano's
Elegant Stitches.
They are very simple stitches,
I am sure you can find them in any
book or even online. 
And of course one of my very own
made up stitches!
The pattern will be ready in just a few
days for you.
I hope you will join in the fun!
Have an awesome week.....
Elizabeth Ann


5 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Gosh you made the cutest things. I just love those snowmen.
I really need to get myself in gear and sit and do some hand stitching. I have been hooking rugs. I do miss handwork though. Working wool like you do is my favorite. Have a lovely day.

Lori said...

So adorable, although you really are rushing the seasons:)

sunny said...

Your little snow people are so cute. I can't believe that summer is over, and snowmen, Santas and reindeer will be everywhere. Of course, they've been in the stores for months, but I don't shop much.

Carol said...

If these first two ornaments are any indication, Santa is just going to adore his tree, Liz! They are so sweet and all of the specialty stitches really dress them up :)

Judy said...

The ornaments are as cute as can be. I can't wait to see the rest of them and the tree.

Judy Heartland stitcher