Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Joy - Day Eight.....

I always wonder how these 
10 days before Christmas
just fly by when 10 days in August
just creep by...
Song for today is the 
lovely White Christmas
sung by Bing Crosby.
 "White Christmas," written by the formidable composer and lyricist Irving Berlin receives its world premiere on this day in 1941 on Bing Crosby's weekly NBC radio program, The Kraft Music Hall. It went on to become one of the most commercially successful singles of all time, and the top-selling single ever until being surpassed by Elton John's "Candle in the Wind 1997."
 Irving Berlin was a Russian Jewish
songwriter and didn't celebrate Christmas
but
Christmas day was very special to him.
This quilt isn't really 
a Christmas quilt but it is 
so very beautiful
&
it is all hand quilted.....You can find it at
&
while you are there 
you can see all her beautiful quilts! 
 A few Christmas 
pillows 
around my house,
sorry about those reindeer legs
hanging down in the picture....
Happy Christmas Monday 
to you all!
Elizabeth Ann

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love that song, Liz--one of my favorites! And your little Christmas pillows are so cute. I am looking at my finish of the LK "And to All a Good Night" right now :) It is framed and hanging on my wall...

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love that song too!

I have stitched some of those designs...very fun.

Hugs, Carolyn